14 July, 2008

New Life in Progress


Two months and 7 days … this is the time I have spent at my Company. It has been a good experience so far. I got the chance of interacting with all the people of my department. This is what I like the most. (Interacting with people and that was part of my induction assignment). I am enjoying my work so far and learning a lot. My boss is a “fundoo” guy. He is the architect of my department. His attempt is to reach for truth and clarity in every thing. All the people in my department are very friendly and cooperative. Addressing each one of them with their first name was a difficult thing for me initially and a “sir” or “madam” inadvertently followed their name. In a week’s time got used to that. Getting used to many other things like that which are part of my organization’s culture. I am fortunate enough to get a nice bunch of people to befriend. This was a pleasant surprise package for me, which I got on joining.

Regarding my stay, I got a place which is 20 mins walking distance from my office. It’s the place, which I don’t want to leave. This is not because I am very attached to it and it’s the most beautiful place on earth, but because I have to give change of address for so many things in a row: my phone bill, credit card bill etc. The rent is quite high but then its okay considering the mental peace I get by being home alone (that’s how I console myself). I have given up now. I tried all the means to get ONE roommate. Many came to see my place and many suggested moving to a new place with them. But then intuitive (BLINK) me didn’t feel like moving out to other place.

On weekends it gets boring and loneliness starts eating you. I joined music classes soon as a part of long pending hobby to pursue. The classes are on weekends and that helps shun away part of the weekend boredom.

I am really excited for my new vehicle. I bought it on the same day I enrolled my self for music class. I commute to office and near by places using it and people get surprised at the first mention of this vehicle. Well expecting a similar reaction from readers as well. This vehicle is none other than a “BICYCLE”. Yes people I bought a Hero Street Racer. It makes me feel happy that I have a unique (different) vehicle and I am the recipient of whole lot of other benefits like no fuel needs, daily health exercise tool etc.

Reading books and newspapers form the rest of the part of my getting rid of boredom in addition to talking on phone with family and friends and surfing net from cyber cafe.
Don’t know till how long this feeling of “NEWNESS” will last: New job, new city, new phase of life as a professional.

4 comments:

Anurag said...

hey....nice to see a post from u after so long

n seems u r really enjoying ur new life...sahi hai yaar

n bicycle...good good...healthy vehicle :D

keep postin..
adios

Drushti said...

Thanks anurag !!

Chandradeep Shaktawat said...

hey drushti..gud 2 know that u r loving ur new lyf..and ur bicycle decision is quite inspiring..
Keep Enjoying!!

Drushti said...

Thanks Chandradeep... what happened to your blog? ...no posts since the first one??... keep blogging... have learnt some new lessons.. its time to post ...watch out this space