27 February, 2008

Naina Hair Cut

"Anna Stop". I asked the rickshaw driver to stop near the building which had the beauty parlour. I paid the auto fare and entered the parlour. It had a pleasant fragrance. In background song of some hindi movie was going on. (My bad memory :( ). All the staff ladies had features which said that they belong to Eastern India. (Cost arbitrage!!)... Though all seemed young, they had a "mangal sutra" and "sindoor".

Two ladies were waiting for their turn. They were reading some Bollywood magazines. My eyes started searching for more such magazines as I had assumed that I have to wait for some time. Sat in the couch for some 15 seconds and before I made any attempts to grab attention of the owner, she asked me.."How can I help you ? " ...I felt happy. (Lucky day)..I replied," I want a haircut". Then she thought for a while. She asked one of her staff members by calling her name to find whether she was free. As she was busy she herself decided to cut my hair. She asked for my hair style preference. I said," I want Lady Diana hair cut". She said," It will be like a boy cut. Do you want so short hair?". I said," I want that". (A Lady Diana fan said that:)). Then she observed my face and present hair cut for some 2-3 seconds and said," How about a blunt cut." I said, " Ok that would do. Last time I had the same cut and I liked that." Then she again thought for a little while and said, " Come have a seat"...I asked," So finally which hair style?"..She said," I dont know. I dont have a name for it, but I want to try it." ..I said," New things is welcome unless and until they look good on me."...

She started to beautify me with her scissors, hairclips, water sparys and combs. She was making each and every cut meticulously. I was impressed this seemingly seasoned hair dresser...She had a pleasant smile on her face which was also very natural. I was thinking, if I get this kind of hair cut at the same rate as I paid last time for a blunt cut, then its worth it...

A cut here and a cut there...it took her 15 mins to finish her job... She held another mirror at back and asked me," Is it ok?" I said with satisfaction," Yes". I asked her," May I know your name?". She happily said, "Naina". I said, " From now on this hair cut will be known as Naina hair cut". She chuckled. After that looking at myself in the mirror I asked, " So how much do I have to pay?". Naina handed me the bill. I was shocked a little bit. The amount was the double of what I paid earlier. I said that earlier I paid half this amount. Then she explained to me that if you go for a change in hairstyle you will be charged this. There was no space for bargaining. I had to pay the billed amount. So the morale of story is "NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!!" (For those who have read my previous post "Laughing @ my assumptions and hence inferences"....assumed things again )

2 comments:

Anurag said...

cost arbitrage eh :D

n naina haircut is expensive i guess...but then goin by ur orkut snaps...worth it (if the snaps are post haircut...n if post haircut u look prettier...then definitely worth it :D)

adios

Drushti said...

Thanks for the compliments :) !!Snaps on orkut are one taken before hair cut !! :)... After hair cut snaps will be uploaded soon..waiting for some kodak moments to happen..Still Rs.200/- is "khule aam loot"..